- 2 heaping tablespoons flour
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 4-pound chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 to 5 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups white wine
- 4 anchovy fillets (optional)
- ½ cup calamata olives (with pits)
- 3 ripe plum tomatoes, halved, seeded and coarsely chopped
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
1194 calories; 83 grams fat; 21 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 39 grams monounsaturated fat; 16 grams polyunsaturated fat; 9 grams carbohydrates; 2 grams dietary fiber; 1 gram sugars; 85 grams protein; 340 milligrams cholesterol; 435 milligrams sodium
- In a large bowl, combine flour with salt and pepper to taste. Add chicken pieces and toss until evenly coated.
- Place a large flameproof casserole dish over medium-high heat, and heat olive oil. Add chicken pieces, and fry until golden underneath, about 5 minutes. Turn chicken, and add rosemary and garlic. Continue to fry until garlic is softened but not colored, about 3 minutes. Add wine. When it comes to a boil, add anchovies, olives and tomatoes.
- Partly cover pan, and reduce heat to medium low. Simmer until chicken is cooked and tender, and broth is reduced to a rich sauce, 15 to 20 minutes. To serve, discard rosemary sprigs, and season well with salt and pepper to taste. Place a piece or two of chicken on each plate, and top with a spoonful of sauce.