- 1 ½ pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 small tomato, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 10 basil leaves
- 6 star anise pods
- 3 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In a large, dark pot with a tightly fitting dark lid, combine all ingredients. Bake in solar oven just until shrimp are cooked through, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours, checking after 45 minutes and then every 15 minutes or so. Spoon on top of rice.
- To make this in a conventional oven, bake at 250 degrees.
About 1 hour