- 20 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 shallot, peeled and quartered
- 1 ¼ cups heavy cream, more as needed
- 1 rack of lamb (8 ribs), trimmed and Frenched by your butcher and cut into 4 2-rib sections
- 2 sprigs of thyme or rosemary
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
1826 calories; 170 grams fat; 78 grams saturated fat; 68 grams monounsaturated fat; 12 grams polyunsaturated fat; 10 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 3 grams sugars; 60 grams protein; 403 milligrams cholesterol; 409 milligrams sodium
- Place garlic, shallot and cream in a small saucepan. Bring to barely a simmer, cover and cook until garlic and shallot are very soft, 1 to 2 hours. Transfer to a blender and purée, adding more cream as needed. Set aside.
- Rub lamb all over with thyme; discard sprigs. Brush lamb with olive oil and season liberally with salt and pepper. Sear or grill over medium-high heat until lamb reaches desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium.
- Reheat garlic mixture over very low heat (do not boil), adding more cream if sauce is too thick. Season lightly with salt and serve with lamb chops.
2 hours 15 minutes