- 1 bone-in, 4-rib pork loin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup red wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
616 calories; 37 grams fat; 12 grams saturated fat; 16 grams monounsaturated fat; 4 grams polyunsaturated fat; 2 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 1 gram sugars; 59 grams protein; 186 milligrams cholesterol; 232 milligrams sodium
- The day before, separate the meat from the ribs, stopping about 1 inch before the end of the bones. Season the pork liberally inside and out with salt and pepper and refrigerate overnight.
- One hour before cooking, bring the loin to room temperature. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Tie the loin with cooking twine snugly in several places. Place the pork in a roasting pan, fat side up, and cook until the internal temperature registers 135 degrees, about 60 to 70 minutes, turning the loin every 20 minutes. Begin checking the internal temperature of the loin after 40 minutes.
- Transfer the roast to a plate to rest for 20 minutes. Pour off some of the fat from the pan, place the pan over medium heat and deglaze with the red wine, scraping up the brown bits stuck to the bottom. When the wine has nearly evaporated, add the broth or 1 cup of water and the juices released from the roast while resting. Simmer the sauce for a few minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove the twine and the bone from the loin, slice and serve with the sauce.