- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, in pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter, preferably salted
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (8 servings)
172 calories; 5 grams fat; 3 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 1 gram monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 31 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 29 grams sugars; 1 gram protein; 3 milligrams cholesterol; 5 milligrams sodium
- Place chocolate, butter and 1/3 cup boiling water in a heavy 2-quart saucepan over very low heat. Stir until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Stir in corn syrup and sugar.
- Increase heat to medium and stir occasionally until mixture comes to a full boil. Stop stirring and allow mixture to boil exactly 8 minutes. Meanwhile, half-fill a bowl that is larger than the saucepan with ice and water. After 8 minutes remove pan from heat and place in ice water to stop cooking. Stir in vanilla.
- Serve while still warm, or allow to cool, then reheat over hot water or for about 30 seconds in a microwave oven. Sauce must be served warm.