- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 3/4-inch dice
- 2 medium tomatoes, cored and cut into 3/4-inch dice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Hot Hungarian paprika, as needed
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
4 to 6 servings
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil and add onion and bell pepper. Sauté until beginning to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Cover and simmer very slowly for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes and continue to simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and hot paprika to taste. Add eggs, mixing well. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Serve immediately.