For the cookie dough:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 pound (4 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- ⅔ cup creamy peanut butter, preferably Skippy
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup coarsely chopped peanuts
- 2 ½ cups quick-cooking oats
For the filling:
- ¼ pound (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter, preferably Skippy
- 1 ⅔ cups confectioners’ sugar
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (24 servings)
462 calories; 28 grams fat; 13 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 9 grams monounsaturated fat; 3 grams polyunsaturated fat; 47 grams carbohydrates; 2 grams dietary fiber; 26 grams sugars; 7 grams protein; 66 milligrams cholesterol; 254 milligrams sodium
24 large cookies
For cookie dough:
- preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and baking soda; set aside. Using a mixer with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter and peanut butter. Add sugars and beat at medium speed for 4 minutes, scraping down bowl twice.
- At low speed, add eggs and vanilla. Add flour mixture and beat at low speed until well mixed, frequently scraping down bowl. Add peanuts and oats, and mix well. Using an ice cream scoop 2 inches in diameter, place balls of dough on parchment-lined baking sheets at least three inches apart. Bake until cookies have spread and turned very light golden brown, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool and firm up, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool completely before filling.
- using an electric mixer, cream together the butter, peanut butter and confectioners’ sugar until very smooth.
- To assemble cookies, spread a thin layer (about 1/8 inch) on underside of a cookie. Sandwich with another cookie. Repeat.