- 5 medium cloves garlic, smashed, peeled and minced
- 2 ½ teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- Large pinch of cayenne pepper
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 ¼ pounds tomatoes, cored and cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup packed chopped cilantro leaves plus additional for garnish
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
104 calories; 5 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 3 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 13 grams carbohydrates; 4 grams dietary fiber; 7 grams sugars; 3 grams protein; 579 milligrams sodium
- In a small saucepan, stir together the garlic, paprika, cumin, cayenne and olive oil. Place over medium-low heat and cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Pass the tomatoes through a food mill fitted with a large disk. Stir in the cooked spice mixture, the cilantro, vinegar, lemon juice, 2 teaspoons salt, celery and 2 tablespoons water. Add more salt as desired. Refrigerate until cold. Serve garnished with cilantro leaves.