This will taste like a strawberry shake if you use a banana that is truly ripe. Frozen strawberries will lend it a shake-like texture.
- 1 medium-size or large, ripe banana
- 1 heaped cup fresh or frozen hulled strawberries
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 to 3 ice cubes
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (2 servings)
160 calories; 4 grams fat; 2 grams saturated fat; 1 gram monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 27 grams carbohydrates; 2 grams dietary fiber; 19 grams sugars; 4 grams protein; 12 milligrams cholesterol; 53 milligrams sodium
One 16-ounce or two 8-ounce servings
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Serve right away.
- Advance preparation: Smoothies should be made and drunk right away. This will thicken and lose flavor if it sits.