This easy, crisp slaw can be made a few hours ahead of time. It goes well with ribs and a cold beer, fried chicken or whatever summer feast sparks your fancy.
- 1 medium head green cabbage
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons pepper sauce, like Frank’s, or to taste
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (6 servings)
188 calories; 15 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 0 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 12 grams carbohydrates; 4 grams dietary fiber; 7 grams sugars; 2 grams protein; 7 milligrams cholesterol; 502 milligrams sodium
- Cut the cabbage in half and remove the core. Cut each half in half and slice each resulting quarter into thin ribbons. Mix with carrots in a large, nonreactive bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage and toss. Season to taste.
- The coleslaw may be covered with plastic wrap and refrigerated for a few hours. Toss again before serving.