- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 or 3 medium-sweet, firm apples
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, broken into bite-size pieces
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 can smoked brisling sardines
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (2 servings)
594 calories; 46 grams fat; 6 grams saturated fat; 31 grams monounsaturated fat; 7 grams polyunsaturated fat; 34 grams carbohydrates; 9 grams dietary fiber; 23 grams sugars; 14 grams protein; 65 milligrams cholesterol; 161 milligrams sodium
- Put 1 tablespoon of lemon juice in a bowl. Core and peel the apples, cut them into thin slices, and add them to the bowl, tossing gently to coat with lemon juice. Add romaine lettuce to the bowl, and toss gently again.
- Combine the remaining 2 tablespoons of lemon juice with sugar, salt and pepper, and stir to blend. Add the oil, and beat to mix thoroughly. Taste the dressing, and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Just before serving, add sardines to the apples, pour on the dressing, and toss the salad gently to coat all ingredients.
About 15 minutes