- 8 slices white bread
- 6 tablespoons almond paste mixed with 1 tablespoon beaten egg white
- 2 teaspoons raspberry jam
- 1 square (1 ounce) bitter chocolate, grated
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (2 servings)
988 calories; 54 grams fat; 26 grams saturated fat; 1 gram trans fat; 18 grams monounsaturated fat; 5 grams polyunsaturated fat; 110 grams carbohydrates; 7 grams dietary fiber; 46 grams sugars; 17 grams protein; 91 milligrams cholesterol; 613 milligrams sodium
- Using a heart-shaped cookie cutter or a knife, cut each slice of bread into a large, crust-free heart.
- Take 4 of the hearts and spread each one with a quarter of the almond-paste mixture. Next spread 1/2 teaspoon of raspberry jam on each, and sprinkle with grated chocolate as desired. Place the remaining heart slices of bread on top to form sandwiches.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sandwiches, and fry until lightly browned on one side. Carefully turn the sandwiches. Move them around the pan to absorb the remaining butter and finish frying. Remove the sandwiches to serving plates.
- Add apricot preserves to the skillet, and heat until melted. Add the rum, and stir until blended. Pour the sauce over the sandwiches and serve immediately.