- 8 ounces small button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, more for drizzling
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 8 ounces whole pearl onions, peeled, or thawed frozen pearl onions
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 large sprig thyme
- Kosher salt
- cracked black pepper
- 20 leaves fresh mint, minced
- ¼ cup small sprigs dill
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 10 ounces frozen baby peas
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
181 calories; 7 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 5 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 21 grams carbohydrates; 6 grams dietary fiber; 7 grams sugars; 6 grams protein; 495 milligrams sodium
- Rinse mushrooms in a bowl of cold water, drain and spread on a towel until dry. If they are larger than bite size, halve or quarter them. In a braising pan or large, heavy skillet over medium heat, warm olive oil. Add shallot and sauté until just softened, then add mushrooms and cook until slightly golden, shaking pan, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add pearl onions and cook for a minute, then deglaze pan with white wine. Add 2 cups water (one cup if using frozen onions) and the thyme, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover pan and simmer gently over low heat until onions are soft, 10 to 20 minutes if using fresh, 5 to 10 minutes if using frozen. Check occasionally and add a little water if needed. Season with kosher salt and pepper.
- When sauce has almost completely reduced, add mint, dill and scallions and stir for 30 seconds. Add peas and stir for 30 seconds to 1 minute, until peas are bright green and warmed through. Drizzle liberally with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and squeeze lemon juice over top. Toss again and serve.
30 to 40 minutes