- 1 ¼ cups finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 2 sheets puff pastry (preferably all butter), defrosted but not unfolded
- ½ teaspoon pimenton (Spanish smoked paprika, hot or sweet)
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (36 servings)
90 calories; 6 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 3 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 6 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 0 grams sugars; 2 grams protein; 2 milligrams cholesterol; 87 milligrams sodium
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Sprinkle about 1/4 cup cheese on a clean work surface. Place pastry on top and sprinkle with another 1/4 cup cheese. Use a rolling pin to roll into a rectangle about 1/8-inch thick, dusting with more cheese if necessary.
- Using tip of a sharp knife, cut pastry into 1/2-inch-wide strips. Lift up one end, twist a few times, and transfer to prepared pan. Repeat with remaining pastry and cheese. Dust twists with pimentón.
- Bake until puffed and golden, about 10 minutes. Let cool to room temperature before peeling off paper. Store between layers of parchment paper in an airtight container up to 2 days.