- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup sage leaves, loosely packed
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt, more for tossing
- 3 heads cauliflower, cut into florets
- About 1 teaspoon table salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 lemon, zest finely grated
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (10 servings)
174 calories; 13 grams fat; 5 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 5 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 13 grams carbohydrates; 5 grams dietary fiber; 4 grams sugars; 5 grams protein; 18 milligrams cholesterol; 1006 milligrams sodium
10 to 12 servings
- Heat oil in a small pan until rippling. Add sage and cook, stirring, just until crisped, about 2 minutes. Lift out sage and drain on paper towels; transfer oil to a large bowl. Let sage cool and crumble with fingers into a small bowl. Stir in coarse salt and set aside.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Place roasting pan with an inch of water in oven bottom. Add cauliflower to bowl with oil, add about 1 teaspoon table salt, and toss gently until coated. Spread out on two large baking sheets. Bake until browned, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Melt butter in a small pan over medium heat. When foam subsides, watch closely and stir often. When white solids are brown and butter smells toasty, turn off heat, squeeze in juice of lemon and stir well.
- Transfer cauliflower to a bowl, pour butter over, and add lemon zest. Add half the sage salt and toss. Taste and season with remaining salt as needed.