- 8 nori sheets, sold at Asian markets
- Sea salt, to taste
- Toasted sesame oil as needed
- Heat oven to 250 degrees. Brush or spray one sheet of nori very lightly with a little water and sprinkle it with sea salt. Fold sheet in half and press two sides together (sheets will not bind perfectly; do not worry).
- Use a pizza cutter or sharp knife to cut layered nori into 1-by-3-inch strips (or any desired size). Transfer strips to a cookie sheet in a single layer. Bake them for about 15 to 20 minutes; they will crisp and darken.
- When chips are done, carefully slide them off cookie sheet onto racks (they cool quickly). To serve, brush chips gently with sesame oil. Without oil, chips will stay fresh in a covered container for a day or two.