- 2 pounds boneless strip loin steaks, each 1 1/2 inches thick
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon hot Hungarian paprika
- 1 pound shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
833 calories; 66 grams fat; 19 grams saturated fat; 36 grams monounsaturated fat; 4 grams polyunsaturated fat; 11 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams dietary fiber; 4 grams sugars; 47 grams protein; 185 milligrams cholesterol; 199 milligrams sodium
- Heat oven to 150 degrees. On stovetop, heat cast-iron skillet to very hot. Brush steaks with 1/2 tablespoon oil. Season with salt and pepper. Sear steaks in skillet very briefly, less than a minute a side, just enough to brown. Place meat in a baking dish in oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- For chimichurri, combine parsley, thyme, garlic and shallot in food processor and pulse until minced. Transfer to a bowl, add vinegar, paprika and 5 tablespoons oil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside. Heat remaining oil in skillet used for meat, add mushrooms and sauté until wilted. Season with salt. Set aside.
- When steaks are done, slice and place on a platter. Reheat mushrooms, remove from heat, toss with chimichurri and arrange alongside steak.
2 hours 15 minutes