- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ½ pounds halibut fillet, skinned, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 4 cups crusty bread, such as ciabatta, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 ounces paper-thin pancetta
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
519 calories; 26 grams fat; 5 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 14 grams monounsaturated fat; 4 grams polyunsaturated fat; 28 grams carbohydrates; 2 grams dietary fiber; 3 grams sugars; 40 grams protein; 97 milligrams cholesterol; 1132 milligrams sodium
- In large bowl, combine oil, rosemary, salt and pepper. Add halibut and bread and toss to coat; set aside 5 minutes.
- Weave pancetta around fish and bread: Skewer end of a pancetta strip, then put the skewer into fish cube. Lay pancetta strip over opposite side of cube and skewer again. Put a bread cube on the skewer, then lay the pancetta over bread the same way, so strip weaves between cubes. Repeat twice with that skewer; repeat with remaining skewers.
- Heat a broiler, place kebabs 4 to 6 inches below. Broil 3 minutes per side. Or, prepare a medium fire on a grill. Grill kebabs, turning often, until fish is cooked and bread is browned, 6 minutes.