- ½cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2cups whole milk
- 15slices rustic Italian bread, 1/2-inch thick, left out until dry
- ¾pound buffalo mozzarella, thinly sliced
- ¾pint cherry tomatoes, halved and crushed
- 2 to 3tablespoons Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1tablespoon fresh or dried oregano or fresh basil, torn into bits
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (15 servings)
245 calories; 15 grams fat; 5 grams saturated fat; 7 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 17 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 2 grams sugars; 9 grams protein; 22 milligrams cholesterol; 373 milligrams sodium
About 15 slices
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a baking sheet with about 2 tablespoons oil.
- Pour milk into a bowl. Briefly dunk one slice of bread at a time into milk and squeeze out excess. Place bread on baking sheet, sprinkle with salt and pepper, cover with mozzarella slices, and top with tomatoes, Parmigiano-Reggiano and oregano or basil. Drizzle with oil.
- Bake on bottom shelf of oven for 10 to 20 minutes, being careful not to burn the bottom of the bread.