- ⅓ cup coarsely chopped cippolini or other sweet onion
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon honey
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- ½ cup grapeseed oil
- Sea salt
- ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces watercress (about 1 bunch), thick stems removed
- 4 ounces Gorgonzola, sliced into 16 small slabs
- 2 ripe pears, cored, quartered and cut in wedges, or 4 fresh figs, quartered
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
506 calories; 42 grams fat; 8 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 11 grams monounsaturated fat; 20 grams polyunsaturated fat; 27 grams carbohydrates; 5 grams dietary fiber; 18 grams sugars; 8 grams protein; 21 milligrams cholesterol; 487 milligrams sodium
- Combine the onion, mustard, vinegar, honey, lemon juice and grapeseed oil in a food processor or blender. Purée until onion is very fine. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk in olive oil.
- Rinse and dry the watercress. In a large bowl, season watercress with salt and pepper and toss with the dressing. Arrange cheese and fruit on four salad plates and top with watercress.