- ¼ cup soy or peanut oil
- 1 large shallot, sliced thin
- Kosher salt
- 4 cloves garlic, slivered
- 24 razor clams, 1 1/2 to 2 pounds, rinsed and scrubbed
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Juice of 4 limes
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 ½ tablespoons sriracha sauce, more to taste
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Black pepper
- 2 scallions, sliced thin
- Crusty bread for serving
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
460 calories; 23 grams fat; 2 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 12 grams monounsaturated fat; 7 grams polyunsaturated fat; 29 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams dietary fiber; 11 grams sugars; 30 grams protein; 59 milligrams cholesterol; 1340 milligrams sodium
3 to 6 servings
- Pour oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. When hot, lightly brown a piece of shallot, add the rest and fry until golden brown. Drain shallots, place on paper towel and season with salt. Set aside. Pour oil from pan through a strainer into a large sauté pan. Add garlic and sauté on medium until golden. Add clams and wine; after a minute, turn clams. Cover and steam until clams open, about 5 minutes. Transfer clams to soup plates, draining juices back into pan.
- Whisk sesame oil, lime juice, honey, sriracha and sesame seeds into pan. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Adjust sriracha as desired. Bring to a simmer and pour over clams. Scatter scallions and fried shallots on top. Serve with crusty bread.