- ½ cup sugar
- 3 cups freshly squeezed tangerine juice (about 3 pounds)
- Juice of 2 large limes
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur or kirsch Champagne, optional.
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (6 servings)
188 calories; 0 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 0 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 44 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 41 grams sugars; 1 gram protein; 3 milligrams sodium
- Put the sugar in a mixing bowl and whisk with 1 cup tangerine juice until thoroughly dissolved. Stir in the rest of the tangerine juice, the lime juice, and the orange liqueur or kirsch. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a storage container to a depth of 1 inch, or into a zippered plastic freezer bag. Cover or seal well and freeze for at least 4 hours, or preferably overnight.
- To serve, chop the frozen mixture roughly with a spatula, then spoon into glasses. Top with a little chilled Champagne if you wish.