- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cup cornmeal
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons melted butter, plus additional butter for greasing the mold
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (24 servings)
117 calories; 4 grams fat; 2 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 1 gram monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 17 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 3 grams sugars; 2 grams protein; 24 milligrams cholesterol; 171 milligrams sodium
About 24 muffins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Add the cornmeal and stir.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs until foamy. Add the eggs to the dry mixture, along with the milk, vanilla and melted butter. Beat just until smooth (do not overmix).
- Grease the mold well, and fill the mold cavities to seven-eighths of capacity with the batter. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the muffins are lightly browned. (The pan has ”feet,” so it is helpful to set it on a cookie sheet in the oven to avoid tipping.)