- 1 cup peeled, seeded and diced cucumbers
- 2 egg yolks
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons imported mustard, such as Dijon or Dusseldorf
- 2 teaspoons vinegar or lemon juice
- 2 cups peanut, vegetable or olive oil
- ¼ cup finely chopped, fresh dill
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (24 servings)
72 calories; 6 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 3 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 2 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 0 grams sugars; 3 grams protein; 7 milligrams cholesterol; 7 milligrams sodium
- Put the cucumbers in a bowl and sprinkle with salt to taste. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the yolks in a mixing bowl and add salt and pepper to taste, mustard and vinegar or lemon juice. Beat vigorously for a second or two with a wire whisk or electric beater.
- Start adding the oil gradually, beating continuously with the whisk or electric beater. Continue beating and adding oil until all of it is used.
- Drain the cucumbers. Add the cucumbers and dill and blend well.