For each serving:
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 square of kitchen parchment or aluminum foil, large enough to make a loose packet around the fish fillet
- 1 bluefish fillet
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon roughly chopped capers
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Watercress for garnish
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (1 serving)
544 calories; 24 grams fat; 4 grams saturated fat; 14 grams monounsaturated fat; 4 grams polyunsaturated fat; 0 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 0 grams sugars; 78 grams protein; 210 milligrams cholesterol; 284 milligrams sodium
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Use about a third of the olive oil to smear on the parchment or foil. Place the fillet on the oiled surface, and sprinkle the rest of the oil on top. Strew the lemon rind and capers over the top, and sprinkle with freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Draw the sides and ends of the paper or foil up over the fish to form a loose packet. Crimp the edges together to make a tight seal.
- Place the fish on a tray or cookie sheet. Place in the oven, and bake for 10 minutes. Serve the whole packet on a dinner plate; diners open their packets at table. Garnish with watercress.
- This is an all-purpose recipe that can be adapted to almost any kind of fish, steaks, fillets or small whole fish. Cooking times should be adapted accordingly, and flavorings can be varied to taste.