This is inspired by a recipe by Andrea Chesman, who has some wonderful grilling ideas for tofu in her book “The Vegetarian Grill.” It makes enough marinade or dipping sauce for a pound of tofu.
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons mirin (sweet Japanese rice wine)
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, to taste, minced or puréed
- 1 tablespoon minced or grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon Asian chili paste or cayenne to taste
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (2 servings)
178 calories; 13 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 5 grams monounsaturated fat; 5 grams polyunsaturated fat; 6 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 2 grams sugars; 3 grams protein; 1861 milligrams sodium
- Whisk together all of the ingredients in a bowl. Use as a marinade and/or dipping sauce for pan-seared, grilled or plain tofu.
- Advance preparation: This will keep for 3 or 4 days in the refrigerator