- 13 grams (about 5 1/2 sheets) sheet gelatin, preferably silver strength (available at Fairway and other markets)
- 28 ounces Aperol
- 16 ounces grapefruit juice
- 6 ounces orange juice
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (8 servings)
119 calories; 0 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 0 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 10 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 7 grams sugars; 1 gram protein; 8 milligrams sodium
8 to 10 servings.
- Fill a wide flat pan or bowl with ice water, and add the gelatin sheets one at a time. Allow them to sit for about 5 minutes; they should be very flexible but remain intact. Meanwhile, pour the Aperol into a medium saucepan, bring to a simmer, then remove from heat.
- Lift gelatin sheets from the water, allowing excess water to drain off. Transfer sheets to the hot Aperol, and stir until they dissolve completely. Stir in the citrus juices, and pour into a metal 9-by-12-inch pan, or other wide metal pan that will fit into a freezer.
- Place pan in freezer until mixture is completely solid, about 4 hours. To serve, scrape the surface with a fork so the mixture breaks into large flakes. Scoop mounds of the granita into small chilled dishes, and serve at once.