- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sweet unsalted butter
- 3 fat shallots, finely minced
- 1 ½ pounds boneless veal stewing meat, trimmed of excess fat
- ¼ cup of flour
- 18 fresh sage leaves
- ⅔ cup dry white wine
- Salt to taste
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
419 calories; 21 grams fat; 8 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 10 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 15 grams carbohydrates; 2 grams dietary fiber; 3 grams sugars; 39 grams protein; 122 milligrams cholesterol; 142 milligrams sodium
4 to 6 servings
- Over medium heat, melt the butter in the olive oil. Add the shallots, and cook slowly, stirring constantly, until they are translucent. Remove shallots and set aside.
- Lightly dredge veal pieces in flour. Add to the pan, and cook over medium heat until well browned.
- Add sage leaves and wine and mix well. Return the shallots to the pan, and lower the heat. Cover and simmer for approximately 1 hour, stirring occasionally. If the wine cooks down too much, add a little water to the pan.
- Just before serving, taste and add salt if necessary and desired.
1 hour 15 minutes