- 4 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 boneless leg of lamb, 5 to 6 pounds, butterflied
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 handfuls pecan shells, or wood chips, soaked in water
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (18 servings)
311 calories; 21 grams fat; 8 grams saturated fat; 9 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 1 gram carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 0 grams sugars; 25 grams protein; 94 milligrams cholesterol; 79 milligrams sodium
- Combine the garlic, rosemary and olive oil in a bowl. Season the lamb with salt and pepper, then massage with the garlic and rosemary mixture and put the meat in the bowl. Cover and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Allow it to come to room temperature, approximately 30 minutes. Meanwhile, build a fire in your grill, leaving 1/3 of the cooking area free of coals.
- When the fire is hot, sprinkle the pecan shells or wood chips over the fire and place the lamb fat side down. Sear each side of the lamb for approximately 4 minutes each, then remove the lamb to the side of the grill without coals and roast, covered, for approximately 30 to 40 minutes.
- Tent in foil for 10 to 15 minutes, and serve.