- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced shallots
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- ½ cup niçoise olives, pitted
- 1 pound sunchokes, scrubbed and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 10 ounces fresh fettuccine
- Leaves from 3 branches fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped flat leaf parsley leaves
- Black pepper
- 1 ½ ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
483 calories; 19 grams fat; 4 grams saturated fat; 12 grams monounsaturated fat; 2 grams polyunsaturated fat; 63 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams dietary fiber; 12 grams sugars; 14 grams protein; 58 milligrams cholesterol; 284 milligrams sodium
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a 12-inch skillet. Add shallots and garlic and sauté on medium until they are soft but not brown. Add remaining oil, olives and sunchokes and sauté, stirring, 5 minutes. Season with salt. Cover pan and cook about 15 minutes more, stirring once or twice, until sunchokes are tender.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the pasta. Cook pasta until al dente, about 4 minutes. Remove 1 cup pasta water. Drain pasta.
- Add 1/2 cup pasta water, the rosemary and thyme to the skillet. Stir. Add drained pasta to skillet and using tongs or a large spoon, fold all the ingredients together. Add additional pasta water if needed to keep mixture moist. Add parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with cheese.