- 4 stalks rhubarb
- 1 medium onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 cups fish stock
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¼ cup rhubarb, julienned
- ¼ cup leeks, julienned
- 2 pounds fresh spinach, washed
- 3 cups dry white wine, approximately
- 3 pounds salmon fillet, boned and skinned
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (6 servings)
913 calories; 63 grams fat; 26 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 17 grams monounsaturated fat; 10 grams polyunsaturated fat; 15 grams carbohydrates; 4 grams dietary fiber; 5 grams sugars; 54 grams protein; 239 milligrams cholesterol; 419 milligrams sodium
- Chop first 4 ingredients. Saute slowly until wilted. Add wine and reduce by half. Add fish stock, simmer 15 minutes. Strain, pressing down to extract all juices. Return to pan. Add salt, pepper, cream. Boil until slightly thickened, 3 to 4 minutes. Set aside and keep warm.
- Just before serving add to sauce and heat briefly until heated through.
- Cook spinach until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain and keep warm.
- Poach salmon in wine to cover 6 to 8 minutes.
- Place salmon on spinach. Pour on rhubarb sauce.