- 3 pounds of chicken wings
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- salt and lots of freshly ground black pepper
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (8 servings)
408 calories; 31 grams fat; 8 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 17 grams monounsaturated fat; 5 grams polyunsaturated fat; 1 gram carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 0 grams sugars; 29 grams protein; 188 milligrams cholesterol; 143 milligrams sodium
- Cut 3 pounds of chicken wings into 3 sections; save the wing tips for stock. Toss the wings with a little neutral oil to keep them from sticking.
- Heat a charcoal or gas grill; the fire should be moderately hot and the rack 4 to 6 inches from the heat. Leave one side of the grill cooler for indirect cooking.
- Put the wings on the cool side of the grill. Cover the grill, and cook, checking and turning once or twice, until most of the fat has been rendered and the wings are cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes.
- While the wings cook, combine 1/3 cup olive oil, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 tablespoons minced garlic, salt and lots of freshly ground black pepper in a large bowl.
- When the wings are cooked, add them to the bowl with the sauce, and toss to coat. Now put the wings on the hot part of the grill and cook, uncovered, turning as necessary, until they’re nicely browned on both sides.