- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 ½ cups tomatoes, in 1/4-inch dice
- 1 habanero chili, or to taste, seeded, stemmed and minced
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro (stems are O.K.)
- ¾ cup chopped ripe mango, peach, nectarine or pear, in 1/4-inch dice
- Salt as needed.
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (16 servings)
10 calories; 0 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 0 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 2 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 1 gram sugars; 0 grams protein; 1 milligram sodium
About 2 cups.
- Soak the chopped onion in the lime juice for 20 minutes while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Combine the tomatoes, chili, cilantro and fruit. When the onion is ready, stir it in, along with some salt. Add more lime juice if necessary, and serve with duck, chicken, grilled halibut or other fish.