- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 branzino or other white-fleshed fish fillets, with skin, about 12 ounces each
- ½ teaspoon fleur de sel
- ½ teaspoon pink peppercorns, crushed
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 2 cups arugula, plus a few sprigs for garnish
- ⅓ cup chervil
- ⅓ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
382 calories; 26 grams fat; 4 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 16 grams monounsaturated fat; 3 grams polyunsaturated fat; 2 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 0 grams sugars; 33 grams protein; 116 milligrams cholesterol; 433 milligrams sodium
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil, add egg, cook 6 minutes, drain and set aside. Place a Silpat or sheet of parchment paper in a baking dish large enough to hold the fish. Brush Silpat or paper with 1/2 tablespoon oil. Brush fish on both sides with another 1/2 tablespoon of oil and place in dish, skin side down. Combine fleur de sel, pink peppercorns, thyme and lemon zest and scatter on fish.
- Peel egg and coarsely chop. Into a blender, add egg, arugula, chervil, parsley, 3 tablespoons water, the lemon juice and the 1/3 cup olive oil. Process to a fine purée. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Put fish in the oven and bake 12 to 15 minutes, until just cooked through. Spread sauce on each of 4 warm dinner plates. Cut each fillet in four pieces and place two pieces on each plate, on the arugula sauce. Season fish with salt and pepper. Garnish with arugula and serve.