- 2 cups drained canned tomatoes, preferably imported
- ½ cup finely chopped red onions
- ¼ cup finely chopped, loosely packed fresh coriander
- 1 or 2 drained canned jalapeno peppers
- 1 or 2 fresh whole jalapeno peppers
- Salt to taste, if desired
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (24 servings)
4 calories; 0 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 0 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 1 gram carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 0 grams sugars; 0 grams protein; 38 milligrams sodium
About three cups
- Blend the tomatoes to a coarse paste in a food processor or electric blender. Pour into a mixing bowl.
- Add the red onions and coriander.
- Trim off the stem ends of the canned and fresh jalapeno peppers. Do not remove the seeds. Add the peppers to a food processor or electric blender.
- Blend the peppers until they are coarse-fine. Do not puree them to a paste. Add the peppers a little at a time to the tomato mixture. After each addition, taste the sauce and add more peppers according to taste. Add salt and pepper and serve.