Because I use frozen organic wild blueberries for this, I don’t need to add any ice cubes. You’ll need to soak the chia seeds for several hours or overnight.
- 1 tablespoon soaked chia seeds (1 teaspoon dry unsoaked)
- 1 small banana (about 4 ounces without the skin)
- ½ cup frozen organic wild blueberries
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (1 serving)
304 calories; 5 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 0 grams monounsaturated fat; 2 grams polyunsaturated fat; 57 grams carbohydrates; 9 grams dietary fiber; 31 grams sugars; 10 grams protein; 9 milligrams cholesterol; 470 milligrams sodium
- To soak the chia seeds, place in a jar or bowl and add 4 tablespoons water for every tablespoon of chia seeds. Place in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight. The seeds and water will be become gelatinous.
- Scoop up a tablespoon of seeds with the gooey liquid and place in a blender (don’t worry, your smoothie won’t have this consistency). Add the remaining ingredients and blend for 1 full minute at high speed.