- 1 pound Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons light ale
- 1 teaspoon English mustard (see recipe)
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt to taste, if desired
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 slices buttered toast (see recipe)
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
590 calories; 45 grams fat; 25 grams saturated fat; 1 gram trans fat; 11 grams monounsaturated fat; 2 grams polyunsaturated fat; 15 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 1 gram sugars; 30 grams protein; 130 milligrams cholesterol; 897 milligrams sodium
- Preheat the broiler to high.
- Grate the cheese coarsely. There should be about two cups.
- Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan and add the cheese. Stir briefly and add the ale. Continue cooking over low heat, stirring, until the cheese is thoroughly melted and smooth. Add the mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Arrange the toast slices in four fairly shallow ramekins. Spoon an equal amount of the rabbit on top of each. Place under the broiler, and broil until bubbling and lightly browned. Serve immediately.