- 4 slices buttered toast (see recipe)
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 8 eggs
- 5 tablespoons heavy cream
- Salt to taste, if desired
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 8 flat anchovy fillets
- Parsley or watercress sprigs for garnish
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
402 calories; 29 grams fat; 15 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 9 grams monounsaturated fat; 3 grams polyunsaturated fat; 14 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 2 grams sugars; 18 grams protein; 435 milligrams cholesterol; 597 milligrams sodium
- Prepare the toast. Spread one-half teaspoon anchovy paste on one side of each piece of toast.
- Put the eggs in a mixing bowl, and add the cream, salt and pepper. Beat thoroughly.
- Heat the butter in a heavy saucepan and add the egg mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula. Take care not to overcook the eggs.
- Spoon an equal amount of the eggs onto each slice of toast. Garnish the top with two crossed, flat anchovy fillets. Garnish the center of each cross with a small sprig of parsley or watercress.