- 4 lamb kidneys, about 1/2 pound
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons English mustard (see recipe)
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt to taste, if desired
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup fine, fresh bread crumbs
- 8 teaspoons melted butter
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
250 calories; 12 grams fat; 6 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 3 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 20 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 1 gram sugars; 14 grams protein; 258 milligrams cholesterol; 341 milligrams sodium
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Cut the kidneys in half lengthwise. Carefully cut away the core of each kidney half. Cut each kidney half into eight pieces of more or less equal size.
- Beat the egg lightly and add the mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Blend well. Add the kidneys and coat well with the egg mixture.
- Pour the bread crumbs onto a flat sheet. Add the kidney pieces and stir to coat well on all sides. Arrange the pieces evenly on eight skewers. Spoon one teaspoon of butter over each skewer. Arrange the skewers on a rack and place in the oven. Bake four minutes and turn the skewers. Bake four minutes longer. Serve immediately.