The magic thing about this cake is that it gets better by the day — ever so slightly sweeter and more settled into its flavors.
- 1 ½ cups salted butter (3 sticks), at room temperature
- 3 cups/540 grams granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3 cups/270 grams sifted cake flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (6 servings)
1132 calories; 65 grams fat; 39 grams saturated fat; 1 gram trans fat; 18 grams monounsaturated fat; 3 grams polyunsaturated fat; 126 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 91 grams sugars; 11 grams protein; 362 milligrams cholesterol; 452 milligrams sodium
6 to 8 servings
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Butter and lightly flour a 9-inch loaf pan or a bundt pan.
- With a standing or hand mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating to blend after each addition.
- Add a third of the flour and heavy whipping cream alternately until thoroughly combined. Add the vanilla and mix until blended. Do not overmix.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared pan. If using a loaf pan, fill the pan to with a 1/4 inch of the top. You may have a little left over batter. Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until a knife inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Cool on a rack for 15 to 20 minutes before removing from pan.