- 1 cup bulgur (see note)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 4 tablespoons minced parsley
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 2 cup shelled fresh peas or frozen peas
- 3 green onions
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
223 calories; 2 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 0 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 41 grams carbohydrates; 8 grams dietary fiber; 7 grams sugars; 10 grams protein; 7 milligrams cholesterol; 42 milligrams sodium
- Cover bulgur with hot water and allow to stand for 30 minutes. Drain thoroughly, squeezing out additional water with hands.
- Cook the fresh peas in boiling water for 1 minute and drain. Or defrost frozen peas but do not cook.
- Combine peas with bulgur and remaining ingredients except for yogurt. Then stir in yogurt to coat thoroughly.
- Use the coarse bulgur, not the cracked, sometimes called cracked wheat, which has a finer grain. For added fiber (plus calories and fat), 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds may be added.
About 45 minutes