- 2pounds carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 ½pounds parsnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- ½cup cream
- ½cup milk
- 2tablespoons unsalted butter
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- ⅛teaspoon nutmeg, or to taste
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (12 servings)
159 calories; 6 grams fat; 3 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 1 gram monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 25 grams carbohydrates; 6 grams dietary fiber; 8 grams sugars; 2 grams protein; 19 milligrams cholesterol; 180 milligrams sodium
10 – 14 servings
- Cover carrots with lightly salted water in deep saucepan and bring to boil. Simmer about 3 minutes, then add parsnips. Simmer for 5 minutes more, or until both are cooked but not too soft.
- Meanwhile, combine cream and milk in saucepan and heat to warm. Reserve.
- Transfer carrots and parsnips to a food mill and mash to a smooth consistency. Return mixture to the saucepan and add butter, salt, pepper, nutmeg and cream-milk mixture. Combine well over medium-low heat. Serve.
About 15 minutes