- 24 mussels, about 1 pound
- ½ cup water
- Mexican vinaigrette sauce (see recipe)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Pull off and discard the stringy beard from the mussels. Scrub the mussels as necessary and drain them well.
- Put the mussels in a kettle and add the water. Cover closely and bring to the boil. Cook four or five minutes or until all the mussels are open. Drain. Discard the cooking liquid or put it to another use.
- Pull the mussels from the shells and save both the mussels and half the shells. Return one mussel to each shell and arrange them on a plate. Spoon an equal portion of the vinaigrette sauce over each. Sprinkle the mussels with coriander. Garnish the platter with lime wedges.
About 15 minutes