- 6 loin veal chops, cut 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 carrot, in fine julienne
- 1 stalk celery, in fine julienne
- ½ medium onion, quartered and sliced thin
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ cup chicken stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (3 servings)
597 calories; 35 grams fat; 11 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 15 grams monounsaturated fat; 4 grams polyunsaturated fat; 10 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 6 grams sugars; 55 grams protein; 234 milligrams cholesterol; 374 milligrams sodium
3 to 4 servings
- Trim the chops of any excess fat. If there is not much meat on the tail porton, cut the tails away. Otherwise attach them to the chops with toothpicks. Dry the chops.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet large enough to hold the chops in a single layer. Saute the chops over high heat until just seared. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Add the vegetables to the skillet and cook, stirring, for about five minutes, until they are just tender. Stir in the vinegar, tomato paste and stock. Cook, stirring for several minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Return the chops to the skillet and baste with the sauce. Cover and cook to desired degree of doneness -about six minutes should be enough for medium.