- 6 to 8 kipper fillets
- 1 large lemon (or juice to cover)
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar (or more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
211 calories; 18 grams fat; 2 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 11 grams monounsaturated fat; 2 grams polyunsaturated fat; 3 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 1 gram sugars; 9 grams protein; 28 milligrams cholesterol; 367 milligrams sodium
4 first-course servings
- Skin the fillets and remove any dark meat. Trim the fillets into neat pieces. Place in a nonmetal dish and cover with lemon juice. Marinate overnight.
- Drain the fillets and discard the lemon juice.
- Make the vinaigrette dressing. Combine the oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Correct seasoning.
- Arrange the fillets on individual plates. Pour the dressing over the fillets and sprinkle with scallions. Serve with thin slices of fresh brown bread and unsalted butter.