- 1 ¼ pounds broccoli
- ½ pound fresh tuna, grilled or 6 1/2- to 7-ounce can albacore tuna, packed in water
- 2 medium to large tomatoes, cut in large cubes
- 4 tablespoons coarsely chopped red onion
- 2 cups (4 ounces) macaroni shells, cooked, drained and rinsed in cold water
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 heaping tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (2 servings)
772 calories; 36 grams fat; 5 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 24 grams monounsaturated fat; 4 grams polyunsaturated fat; 69 grams carbohydrates; 11 grams dietary fiber; 11 grams sugars; 44 grams protein; 44 milligrams cholesterol; 159 milligrams sodium
2 to 3 servings
- Remove tough stems from broccoli and cut heads into florets.
- Steam broccoli about 5 minutes, depending on the size of the pieces. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Flake grilled fresh tuna or drain canned tuna and rinse under cold water and drain again.
- Combine tuna with broccoli, tomatoes, onion and macaroni.
- Beat together oil and vinegar; add basil and oregano. Mix dressing gently with tuna mixture and season with pepper. Serve at room temperature.