- 3pounds meaty fish bones, preferably with head and tail on but gills removed
- 6cups water
- 1cup dry white wine
- 1cup coarsely chopped onion
- 4sprigs parsley
- 1cup coarsely chopped celery
- 1bay leaf
- ½teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt to taste
- ½cup chopped green part of leeks, optional
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (2 servings)
59 calories; 2 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 0 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 0 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 0 grams sugars; 8 grams protein; 264 milligrams sodium
About 7 1/2 cups
- Combine all the ingredients in a kettle or large saucepan.
- Bring to the boil and simmer 20 minutes. Strain and discard the solids.
- Leftover stock can be frozen.