- 24 Italian ladyfingers (see note with Il Cantinori recipe for tiramis u)
- 1 ½ cups espresso, cooled
- 6 eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pound mascarpone
- 2 tablespoons each Marsala, triple sec and brandy
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (10 servings)
462 calories; 27 grams fat; 14 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 8 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 39 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 20 grams sugars; 10 grams protein; 219 milligrams cholesterol; 255 milligrams sodium
10 to 12 servings
- Dip 12 ladyfingers quickly in espresso. Arrange on flat serving platter in a row.
- Mix yolks with sugar until pale. Add mascarpone, liqueurs and extract and stir to mix thoroughly.
- Beat whites until stiff but not dry. Fold whites into mascarpone mixture.
- Spread half of mascarpone mixture on top of ladyfingers. Sprinkle with half of the chopped chocolate.
- Dip remaining ladyfingers in remaining espresso. Repeat layering with ladyfingers and remaining mascarpone mixture. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate.
- Cover lightly with foil and refrigerate at least 1 hour or as long as overnight (but it is best to make the dish about six hours before serving).