- 4 eggs at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons homemade mayonnaise
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion or chives
- Salt to taste if desired
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 slices white bread, preferably protein bread
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
227 calories; 14 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 2 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 15 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 2 grams sugars; 9 grams protein; 190 milligrams cholesterol; 281 milligrams sodium
- Put eggs in saucepan, add cold water to cover and bring to a boil. Simmer 12 to 15 minutes, depending on size of eggs. When cooked, drain and immediately run cold water over them to chill well.
- Drain and peel eggs. Put them through sieve or ricer into a mixing bowl. There should be about 1 1/2 cups.
- Add mayonnaise, onion, salt and pepper and blend well.
- Spread equal portions of mixture on four slices toasted bread. Serve.