- 8 medium-size potatoes, about 1 1/2 pounds, peeled
- Salt to taste if desired
- 2 tablespoons corn, peanut or other vegetable oil
- ½ cup fresh or canned chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
170 calories; 3 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 0 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 30 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams dietary fiber; 1 gram sugars; 5 grams protein; 7 milligrams cholesterol; 206 milligrams sodium
- Put the potatoes in a kettle and add water to cover and salt. Bring to the boil and cook about 3 minutes. Drain.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan large enough to hold the potatoes in one layer. Add the potatoes. Cover and cook, turning often, until potatoes are golden brown on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Pour off the fat and add the broth. Cover closely and cook over moderately low heat about 10 minutes. Add the butter and stir. Uncover the potatoes and cook until all the liquid is evaporated from the saucepan.